Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My last day Tutoring at the Met Center School, December 9th, 2014

Today was my sad, last day tutoring at the Met until the next opportunity arises from General Education courses. I took a photo of the students that were not absent from school or off doing something to do with their New Trimester Project Planning. So I only got to take the photo of about one half of the sixteen students, in Tim Shannon's Room 109, on the first floor of the Equality Building. It is a Great name for the building, and the concept of their educational system. While I am going to enjoy the time off between semesters at RIC, I will miss the students in Room 109.

Today, they continued working on their New Projects and asked a million questions about different career choices. It was fun explaining what was involved in getting to their career choices. Liz said that she wanted to be an astronaut, and then asked Tim, how do you spell astronaut. It is funny because she was already sitting at her computer. Tim told her to look it up. She is pretty smart in all of her classes that I have seen her in so far Gino was asking a few questions about getting a Grand National, so I think it strayed a little from working on his next project.

From 10 am to 11 am they went to Math Class, where Matt is the third year Teacher and pretty smart at that. His assistants are Liz and Kyle, whom I have already mentioned earlier in this series. From 11 am until Noon was more time spent on which Internships that lead to which careers discussions. Today there were 3 students out absent, and that is the most that I have seen out of 16 students in this classroom 109, run by Tim Shannon. He is an excellent teacher with more than ten year teaching here, and one year at a Traditional Structured School in the Warwick School System. His wife is also a Teacher at CCRI, which is about two to three blocks away from the Met School. The Campus there hosts many of the Met students, who are working on Internships and taking classes that directly apply to their future career choices. What a difference the Met School is from the Central Falls High School that I went to from 1964 to 1968. Dream about what a school should be and then take a tour of the Met and you will see what I mean. I really loved this FNED-346 class and the Met Tutoring as well.
Fred Issa, FHTOFA, Future History Teachers of America. I just made this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment